- To help the geothermal community in designing the road ahead in geothermal development.
- To provide a first basis for future research and development activities through in-depth exchange of innovative points of views.
- To address crucial topics such as unconventional geothermal systems, drilling technology, power plant innovation and optimisation, exploration and reservoir monitoring methods.
- To strengthen links among research groups working in the geothermal field and, at the same time, to provide new insights in future developments to be achieved through co-ordinated and interdisciplinary efforts.
- To promote a more extended use of geothermal energy through the interaction between geothermal experts and participants.